Saturday, February 6, 2010

And February Begins










I'm looking forward to the Winter Olympics this month because the January blah's are hanging tough everywhere. When I got to Manti there was still 8 inches of snow on the ground, but it's all from the week before Christmas. I heard that this has been the longest cold stretch for 80 some years in Sanpete county and I believe it. The temperature peaks around 28 and then falls at night to as low as possible, depending on cloud cover or a clear sky. The result is crunching through the same snow we partied in nearly 6 weeks ago with nothing fresh whiten it up.

Salt Lake has had the worst air in the nation a couple of times this year and that sure isn't comforting. I'm not a hippy-tree-hugger and I love big American iron on the highways, screaming from 0 - 60 in 3.4 seconds, so hopefully the solution to bad air can come without all of us having to become vegans and card carrying PETA members riding long boards to work. But despite the winter blah's Sunday's Superbowl and next weeks Winter Olympic kickoff should jumpstart my attitude. I'm feeling the work load set in so I thought I would post a picture that fairly represented my week at the office, but my favorite shots of the week were from Thursday when the best peeps in the neighborhood let me take pictures of them jumping after their exercise class. I have the best neighbors on Earth, bar none! So let February begin and so what if the jumping pictures were taken on the only day the sun came out. I've been happy ever since!

No comments: