Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lomography




I'm not an artist or a real photographer and I've never done anything with film processing so I keep learning all sorts of new stuff messing with Photoshop and viewing photo's on Flickr. I've really enjoyed a type of processing called lomography which is based on cross-processing of color negative film in slide film chemicals or the other way around. You get blown out highlights and intense contrast with a light yellow-green shade over the image. Back a few years ago there were camera's called diana's and they duplicated this process in a cheap campy sort of way and created a kind of cult following check the site out here. I think it adds a way cool effect to photo's so I've been experimenting with this process. I've followed the most awesome Flickr photostream singlecupofcoffee and Megg has mastered this process. Check out her pictures.

No comments: