Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Art of Jump Pictures

Almost by accident I discovered how much fun jumping pictures are. It is nearly impossible to jump for a picture and have a grumpy face. A little over a year ago 2 missionaries serving in our area wanted a picture of them that clearly showed their joy in serving a mission. We decided that a picture of them jumping in the front yard might be worth a thousand words. They agreed and the rest is history, sort of. I quickly discovered that getting a decent picture of someone jumping is easier said than done, at least for someone of my skill level in photography. I have had so much fun taking hundreds of pictures of friends and family jumping I'm afraid this is going to be a long-term project, and hopefully one that continues to improve in terms of my photographic ability. I have learned that many others share my passion for jump pictures and there are many thousands of images on the photo sharing web site Flickr. I have a link to my Flickr page on this blog so check it out if you have time. To all my friends and family who are growing weary of jumping for my camera, ... uh sorry, but I can't kick the habit.













No comments: