Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bald Eagle




I see eagles every week as I travel up and down Highway 89 in central Utah. They have so much meaning for those of us in America and they are one type of fauna I will stop and look at. They are such large birds it doesn't take much effort to soar hundreds of yards away and foil any attempt at a photograph. This magnificent guy was sitting in a tree just off the highway looking for lunch and I walked very slowly towards him looking through my viewfinder with one eye using the other to try and avoid oncoming traffic. By the time I was close enough to get some shots he noticed me and began getting a little edgy. Just before he took flight I got these two shots and the one of him in flight.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Super cool Rick!

Nicole said...

That is Very COOL!!! I love eagles

Unknown said...

bald eagle is hightes hight flying always...
tv vanavond